Tuesday, May 23, 2006

If you need a friend

As I was sitting in the airport terminal waiting for my flight out of D.C. on Sunday, something happened that caused the flight to be late by more than an hour. I missed my connecting flight but was able to catch a ride home with two strangers who also had missed the flight. I started asking myself if this was just the beginning of bad things to come. But then something happened -- something that would not have happened before Chips Quinn orientation.

I got a call from Chipster Khristopher J. Brooks. He wanted to make sure everything went OK. He also wanted to tell me that bad things are going to happen but that we have to continue fighting through the bad so we can enjoy the good.

It's easier to fight through the bad knowing that I have all these wonderful new friends.

This is going to be an amazing Summer for everyone. I want to let you Scholars know that I always will be here for you if you need a friend.


-- Cedrique Flemming, Kansas State University, Observer-Dispatch, Utica, N.Y.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home