Sunday, May 21, 2006

Setting a good example

Although I was impressed with all the speakers -- especially Tom Curley and John Seigenthaler -- it has been the opportunity to learn from the Chips Quinn alums that has been the most inspiring. Journalists such as Kristen Go (of The Arizona Republic, Phoenix) and Maria Montoya (of The Times-Picayune, New Orleans) have solidified my confidence in my abilities and are embodiments of what I hope to accomplish in my career. Seeing these alums succeed and thrive fills me with the hope and conviction to do the same.

-- Darhiana Mateo, University of Illinois, The Courier-Journal, Louisville, Ky.

I enjoy interacting with the professionals. In my career-coaching group, I was blessed to have three wonderful coaches -- Kristen Go, Katie Oyan (of The Associated Press) and Manny Lopez (of The Detroit News). All of them are so helpful. I’m impressed with the Chips Quinn alums system and can’t wait to give back once I’m a journalism professional.

-- Amy Trang, Washington State University, The Courier-Journal

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home