Monday, July 24, 2006

From intern to full-timer

As I start the sixth week of my 10-week internship at the Orange County Register, I think about how much I’ve learned so fast and it boggles my mind. My first week I was getting information from NASA officials, doing recorded interviews with earthquake experts and translating for Spanish speakers.

I hit the ground running, taking every assignment and impressing newsroom staff with my energy. I must have impressed the right people because before the half-way point, I was offered a full-time job covering education at the Irvine World News, a bi-weekly paper of the Register.

I have a job way before my internship ends -- and it feels great.

Thanks Chips Quinn,


-- Jorge Barrientos, California State University-Chico, Orange County (Calif.) Register

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home