Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Visual variety

I just finished the second week of my internship. I spent those two weeks looking for stories and familiarizing myself with the town. My most fun assignment so far has been covering the Santa Fe International Folk Art Market. The annual event drew more than 100 artists from around the world. I shot a variety of photos for a magazine that the newspaper will publish next year. Visual variety was at the forefront of my thoughts while shooting this assignment. I moved to get different angles and utilized different lenses. I learned how to consider a magazine cover while shooting. I needed something simple and clean and, at the same time, allowed space for a banner. At the end of the day, I was able to edit fast and send four selected photos to The Associated Press.



-- Shih Fa Kao, San Jose State University, The Santa Fe New Mexican

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home