Monday, July 24, 2006

A winning experience

A few weeks ago, Appleton, Wis., hosted a youth soccer regional championship for the first time in Fox Cities’ history. (Appleton is part of what is known as the Fox Cities.) It was Appleton’s largest event and The Post-Crescent used many on staff to write stories about it. Over the course of a week, I had the chance to write three stories, some profiles, a few vignettes and several mugs-and-quotes. It was the first time I ever had been part of a coverage team and the first time I’ve written more than one story on a particular event. I had a pretty good time doing it. I got out of the office and had a chance to talk to people from all over the Midwest. It also was cool going into the event and having organizers recognize me (since I had interviewed them previously for profiles). Although I ended up getting sunburned, it was a good experience.


-- Jeannine Aquino, University of Minnesota, The Post-Crescent, Appleton, Wis.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home