Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Keeping busy

The Detroit News has been a great launch pad and working there has been a learning experience for me. This learning experience was nothing like what I had imagined. I thought I would be sucked into a newsroom full of deadline monsters and dysfunction. Instead, I've met some of the most helpful people. They are genuinely interested in my success. I received tons of help from veteran reporters, and my editors are very helpful.

I covered an array of stories, and I have more clips than I know what to do with. My favorite stories included covering a naturalization ceremony on July 4. I covered a double homicide in Detroit. I even covered an Elvis festival that turned out to be pretty cute. I've been so busy that I didn't realize we almost are finished with our internships.


-- Chrystal Johnson, Wayne State University, The Detroit News

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home