Saturday, May 20, 2006

Wit and wisdom

I’m not a crier. But when I was listening to Uncle Merv Aubespin’s words of wit and wisdom, I couldn’t help but start to tear up. I don’t know if it was because I was in the presence of a great man who has an unbelievable passion for journalism, the fact that he was telling us things that would empower this class to make a difference in our newsrooms, or that Uncle Merv treated us like family from the beginning by bestowing his experiences on us. Whatever it was, it was a perfect end to a day in which some of us were still questioning why we were here. Uncle Merv inspired me with the passion and vigor for this field that is still within him after decades of work. That example revitalized my reasons to be here and to be a journalist.


-- Amy Trang, Washington State University, The Courier-Journal, Louisville, Ky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home