Sunday, July 30, 2006

A broader experience

In addition to sports, I have been working on the Daily Herald's local desk, covering the area beyond the sporting scene. Here I've been given what I had been hoping for -- a broader experience that has tested me on several levels. I even had to do my first correction, for misidentifying the name of a cheesecake company. Double-checking information
isn't something that I've just found out about. That's why I knew that my executive editor was kidding when he talked about letting me go. In the same conversation he mentioned how pleased he has been with my work and that there very well could be a permanent place for me in Wausau. I heard the same thing from my sports editor. Positive feedback seems to do weird
things to me -- I never want to make myself feel too comfortable or too confident. But if it helps me get a gig right out of school, then I can put up with a little positive reinforcement.


-- Kyle Means, Southern Illinios University-Carbondale, The Wausau (Wis.) Daily Herald

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home