Sunday, July 30, 2006

Building memories

My internship has been an unforgettable experience. I have interviewed people and covered events that I could only dream about while I was in little old Kansas. I have had the opportunity to cover a 15K road race and talk to some of the best runners in the world (mostly from Kenya). I also have interviewed professional boxing legends such as Sugar Ray Leonard and Ken Norton and Motocross superstars Ricky Carmichael and James Stewart, to name a few.

The crazy part of the Summer has just begun. I covered a PGA Tour event called the B.C. Open and, later this week, I will be in Cooperstown, N.Y., for the Baseball Hall of Fame induction ceremonies.

I have made huge strides in my writing and reporting skills since I came to Utica. Everyone here has been so helpful to me, and the attributes they have instilled in me will definitely live with me forever. My biggest regret about this Summer is that I get to be here only for a few more weeks.

I wish every Chipster out there a fun and exciting second half to your internships.


-- Cedrique Flemming, Kansas State University, Observer-Dispatch, Utica, N.Y.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home