Saturday, May 20, 2006

A full notebook

I have to say that I’ve enjoyed every speaker so far. Each speaker has brought something different to the table and helped me build on things I’ve encountered in my previous internship. My notebook is full of notes. With each presentation, I feel my confidence to go into a newsroom rising. I want to do my best and make this program proud. I wish I would have known about this program sooner because it has given me a better understanding of why a journalist’s job is important to society. One presentation that stood out was Kristen Go’s presentation on “First Five Graphs.” Sometimes I do have trouble organizing my stories or choosing the most important information. I plan to use the first five graphs technique. It will make writing and organizing a story a lot easier.


-- Corinthia McCoy, Western Michigan University, Green Bay (Wis.) Press-Gazette

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home